Place a New Order
LimeLight CRM Support
November 10, 2010 18:47
The New Order tab is used to place new orders over the phone for new or existing customers.
You just have to go to New Order and click on “Place Order” to access the Place Order form.
Any order placed through the New Order will be treated just as if the customer would have ordered through an online campaign, including any services from third party providers that have been assigned to the campaign. For example: if you have assigned an auto-responder to your campaign, when you submit the order on the Place Order form, our system will pass the data to them, same as it does with the orders placed online.
Steps to place a New Order:
1. Select the campaign.
2. Select the product (products will be display after you select the campaign).
Next to each product you will see a feature to look at the product information. Also, depending on whether or not the campaign has it enabled, you will also see a feature to customize the product price directly from the order page. The quantity free text box allows you to enter a purchase quantity for the product up to the limit allowed for that product. Please click the product information icon located next to the product selection button to view the maximum purchase quantity allowed for the product.
Under your product description, you can always add a short script about the product. This will help your agents to provide more information to your customers not only about the main product, but also about the upsell products, when taking orders over the phone.
3. Select the shipping method.
4. Select or de-select the upsells as necessary. If you select all, then the system will select all upsells, and their price amounts will be included in the order. If you select “None”, the system will de-select all upsells, and their price amounts will not be included in the order. The quantity free text box allows you to enter a purchase quantity for the upsells up to limit allowed for each upsell product. Please click the product information icon located next to the product selection check boxes to view the maximum purchase quantity allowed for each upsell product.
5. Fill out the customer information such as the first and last name, shipping address, phone, email, and billing address, if different than shipping.
6. The affiliate/sub-affiliate fields allows you to add new or view current affiliate data on orders placed on the place order page. Please be sure to use the appropriate pairing of the affiliate data fields, e.g. AFID is used with SID, so that there are no discrepancies in the reporting within your system.
7. Review the order summary for an overview of what is included in a customer’s order. The order summary will include a sales tax if the product(s) in the order are taxable. Also, the sales tax will be generated if the customer’s zip code and country corresponds to a sales tax profile that it setup in the CRM.
8. Fill out Payment Information and submit the order. If the customer is paying by credit card, fill out the credit card number, expiration date and security code. If the customer is paying by check, fill out the bank routing number and bank account number. If the customer is paying by an offline payment e.g. money order, just select offline payment.
An offline payment order will be assigned a pending status after an order is processed, and the orders will remain as pending until the payment has been marked as received under the order details.