Configuring AWeber API
LimeLight CRM Support
November 28, 2012 16:06
REV June 19, 2019
To start using AWeber as your email Auto Responder, you will need to complete a few easy steps first. These steps are described here for your reference.
1. Obtain your AWeber Account: go to https://www.aweber.com/landing.htm and sign up for an account.
2. Create your Account: Enter the information required by AWeber and sign up for an account. You will have several options depending on your contact list size.
3. Create Two New Lists: When working with AWeber, you will need to create two separate lists. Click on the My Lists menu option, then select create new list, and it will take you to the following screen:
First, type a name for your List; for our example we have used Lime Light Cust, then enter your name or company and an email address that messages should appear from. Afterwards, click on “Create List”. Repeat these steps to create your second List. The unique list Id’s that are provided once the lists are created will need to be added to the Prospect Id and Customer Id fields in the Lime Light CRM as discussed in step 7.
4. Adding Custom Fields: With the AWeber system, you have the ability to add custom fields. Custom fields let you collect detailed information about your subscribers, and let you personalize your emails using this information. Adding custom fields is essential if want to accept data that is being passed through the Lime Light CRM like the Address, City, etc.
You can reach the custom fields page by selecting “Custom Fields” from the List Options menu. Once there, enter each custom field name, then click on the green plus sign to add each custom field. The custom field names must be entered exactly as shown in the illustration below. Also, you must create custom fields for each new list that you create.
5. Add the Email Provider to your Lime Light CRM Account: at this point you must already have your AWeber account completely set up. Go to your Lime Light CRM account, and go to Auto Responders>Email Providers. Select AWeber as your email provider and click “Add Email Provider”.
Now a new window will open up asking you for the following AWeber parameters:
- Access Token – This is provided by AWeber.
- Access Secret- This is provided by AWeber.
- Alias – create an alias for internal purposes only. This alias will help you organize among multiple providers in the future since you may have multiple Imnica accounts within our system.
Then save it.
6. How to Obtain your Access Token and Access Secret: Click on the “Get Access Tokens” link as shown in the illustration below. Afterwards, you will need login using the credentials for your AWeber account to obtain your Access Token and Access Secret.
When creating a new campaign or editing an existing campaign you can assign a new email provider and list ID’s if you wish.
7. Add the List IDs to your Campaign: When creating or editing your Campaign XY, you will see at the very bottom of the page the option to enable an Auto Responder for this Campaign. Once you select an Auto Responder, AWeber in this case, two more fields will appear: Prospect Id and Customer Id, you will enter the List Id’s that were provided to you once your Lists were created in step 3 of this document. For this example we used limecust and limepros; just enter them as in the following illustration and click “Save”:
Please be aware that you only need to go through the AWeber set up once. After you have your account set up and get all the API information needed from them, you can easily create, access, and manage your List