Configuring Custom FTP Fulfillment
LimeLight CRM Support
July 07, 2011 18:11
REV June 17, 2019
If you are choosing Custom FTP Fulfillment, you can activate this automated fulfillment technology in your CRM at any time. Custom FTP Fulfillment integrates FTP technology with the Lime Light CRM in order to automate your fulfillment processes in-house, and it can be used if your fulfillment provider does not currently have an API, but uses the FTP technology.
In order to configure Custom FTP Fulfillment, you will just need to navigate to Settings > Providers and select "Add New Provider Profile" from the Actions drop-down menu. Select 'Fulfillment' as the type, select Custom FTP Fulfillment from the Provider drop-down list, and fill out the required parameters.
- Username - This will be provided by your FTP server host
- Password- This will be provided by your FTP server host
- Server – This is the url of your FTP server
- Port – This is the connection port for your FTP server
- Upload Path – This is the file path where your orders export csv of shippable items from the Lime Light CRM will be uploaded onto your FTP. A separate folder must be created in your FTP with a csv file which contains the orders that will need to be fulfilled. The full path from the landing directory of your FTP login must be included here.
- Download Path – This is the file path where your csv file containing your order Id’s and tracking numbers will be retrieved by the Lime Light CRM. A separate folder must be created in your FTP with a csv file which contains your order Id’s and tracking numbers. The full path from the landing directory of your FTP login must be included here.
- SSL - Select whether to use the SSL flag for your secure FTP server. The setting will depend on your FTP server.
- Delay Hours - Specify if you would like to delay our system from pushing the orders to your fulfillment center for an “X” amount of hours. This would allow you to review the orders before they get sent out to the fulfillment provider
- Receive Tracking Number - Specify whether you would like to receive tracking numbers with your shipments or not
- Product Columns - Specify your desired number of product columns. The value that is placed here will be the set number of product columns for your Custom FTP Fulfilliment export file.
- Alias - For internal purposes only to help you organize among multiple fulfillment profiles within your CRM
Additional Notes on the Upload and Download Path
Upload Path – The following is an example of the file name you will see once your orders export csv file of shippable items are loaded to your FTP server:
Download Path – In order for tracking numbers to be imported back into the CRM automatically, the file containing your Order Id’s and Tracking Numbers must be in the exact format as discussed in the article below. The CRM will automatically check for your tracking numbers each hour unlike once per day with our automated fulfillment providers.
Please visit our Importing Tracking Numbers article for further reference.
Once your fulfillment provider has been activated in your CRM, you may have to follow these requirements depending on the fulfillment software you are using:
- Use the same product SKUs for Custom FTP Fulfillment and Lime Light CRM
- Set up your Shipping Codes within the Lime Light CRM according to the shipping codes that Custom FTP Fulfillment uses for the shipping methods you will be working with
These two fields will help you prevent your shipments from getting rejected or delayed due to the product SKUs not matching or due to invalid shipping codes.
FTPS (FTP over SSL) Note - Please be aware, we do not support the older version of FTPS (implicit), but do support explicit FTPS over port 21. For more information, visit this article for further reference.